Car body kits are a popular way to customise the appearance of your vehicle and make it stand out from the crowd. However, before you decide to install one, it’s important to consider whether you should do it yourself (DIY) or hire a professional.
To help you decide, we’ve put together a list of pros and cons of doing it yourself and choosing to work with a professional, so keep reading to find out the best option for you.
Pros of DIY Installation:
- Cost-effective: Installing a car body kit yourself can save you the cost of labour. Not only that, but you also have the ability to shop around for the best deal on the kit, as well as any necessary tools or equipment.
- Sense of accomplishment: You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you did the work yourself. This can be a great feeling, especially if you have a passion for working on cars.
- Flexibility: You can install the body kit on your own schedule and at your own pace. This can be a great option if you have a busy schedule and can only work on the car at certain times.
- Personalization: You have the ability to customise your car to your own preferences, which can be a great feeling.
Cons of DIY Installation:
- Time-consuming and labour-intensive: Installing a car body kit can be a time-consuming and labour-intensive process. It can take several days or even weeks to complete, depending on the complexity of the kit and your level of experience.
- Requirement of a certain level of mechanical knowledge and experience: Installing a body kit requires a certain level of mechanical knowledge and experience definitely doesn’t hurt. If you are not familiar with working on cars, you may find the process to be overwhelming and difficult.
- Risk of making mistakes: There is always a risk of making mistakes during the installation. This can be costly to fix and may even void your warranty. Additionally, if not done correctly, it can compromise the safety of your vehicle.
- Tool and equipment cost: You may need to purchase specialised tools or equipment in order to install the kit. This can be an additional cost that needs to be factored in.
Pros of Professional Installation:
- Expertise: A professional mechanic will have the knowledge and experience to properly install the kit and ensure that it is done safely and correctly. They will be able to detect any potential problems and address them before they become an issue.
- Guarantee: Professional installation almost always comes with a guarantee that the job was done correctly and safely. If any issues arise, the professional will be responsible for fixing them.
- Time-saving: Professional installation can save you the time and effort of doing it yourself. This can be a great option if you have a busy schedule and don’t have the time to devote to the installation.
- Safety: A professional will have the experience and knowledge to ensure that the installation is done safely and correctly, which can give you peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is in good hands.
Cons of Professional Installation:
- Cost: Labour costs can be quite high when hiring a professional. This can add several hundred dollars or more to the overall cost of the kit. Additionally, it can be hard to find a mechanic you trust, and the cost of installation can vary greatly depending on where you live.
- Limited personalisation: When you hire a professional, you may not have as much control over the final outcome of the installation as you would if you did it yourself.
Get a new body kit for your car today
When deciding whether to install a car body kit yourself or hire a professional, consider the level of your mechanical knowledge and experience, as well as your budget and time constraints. If you are confident in your abilities and have the time to devote to the installation, a DIY installation may be the best option.
However, if you want the peace of mind that comes with knowing the job was done correctly and safely, or if the body kit is not designed for DIY installation, a professional installation may be worth the extra cost. Furthermore, if you have any doubts about your ability to do it yourself, it’s better to hire a professional to ensure the safety and longevity of your vehicle.
Also, consider your personal preferences and priorities, such as whether you value the sense of accomplishment that comes with doing it yourself or if you prefer the convenience and reliability of a professional installation.
Ultimately, it’s important to weigh all the pros and cons and make an informed decision based on your individual situation.
And if you’re looking for the best body kits for kia stingers or any other car model in Australia, then get in touch with the team at Ausbody Works. They offer a huge range of the highest car body kits in Australia for the best prices. Get yours today.